Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Update on promotion of book....

Since early January I've been involved in a low-key effort to promote the book. This has mostly involved making pro-bono presentations to various community groups. Despite my best efforts the media has not shown much interest in the message of the book up to this time. I'll continue these efforts as I believe the POSITIVE message contained in the book is more relevant now than ever. It's pretty obvious that many are totally stressed out.
The number seeking help from MABS is increasing every month. Latest statistics on the number of suicides are pretty depressing. And the pundits in the media continue to deliver a 'gloom and doom' message.
What I've learned over the last couple of months is that people, no matter how difficult their situation, WANT TO HEAR A POSITIVE MESSAGE. They are ready to let go of the past and move forward.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ed,
    I hope you do well with promoting your book. I heard you on the RTE radio show The Business this morning. Though I haven't read your book yet I intend to as I found what you had to say very interesting and important.
    You mentioned in your old Katrina blog that you attended a meeting of Democrats Abroad in a pub in Dublin on June 12th 2008. Well I was in that room with a Business friend just before you all arrived for the meeting. When you did arrive we asked if we could stay and we were made very welcome by your group, though we couldn't stay for all of the meeting. The sad thing is that that friend of mine went on to be badly hit financially by the recession and reacted very badly and has been hospitalised since more than once and is still recovering. That is one reason why I would like to read your book.
    I am living in the UK but I keep in touch with Dublin through the media mostly and the extent of the doom and gloom in the media is enormous. It is like an addiction to doom and gloom.
    Good luck with promoting your book. I will give you feedback when I've read it too.
    Have you tried to speak on Radio Newstalk 102? It might be worth a try and also Gerry Ryan on RTE Radio 2.
    Best wishes,
    Olive @ Bristol UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ed,
    We met a few years back in the midlands when I worked as an assistant planner in disability services. We had some interesting conversations re. politics,history and international relations at that time. I heard you on the radio on Saturday and was delighted to hear about your new book - which I will buy soon! I agree that we need to move on from our present stagnation and paralysis in order to act now for our collective future development.
    However there is such a thing as rightous anger which I believe is currently being expressed. Justice must be done and be seen to been done. Let us learn from the mistakes of the past with a view to having a more mature political culture. Best of luck with the book and with your good works!

    Best regards,
    David Whelan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please keep all comments positive and constructive.